The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #22

Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal tips or a healthy living article?

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 


The 3 posts I'm featuring this week are:

Congrats and grab a badge from the right side if you like!


So what kinds of posts are allowed?

1)  Recipes!  Gluten free ones that is. 

2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc

3)  DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

What are the guidelines?

1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.

2) It might help to leave a comment.  What's your blog and/or your post about?  Is your recipe GF, EF, NF, DF, SF, V (i.e. gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, Vegan)

3) Consider telling people you shared here on FB, Twitter or elsewhere and spread the love around, so more people can find this link-up.

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

5) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

6) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!


And this week I'm sharing some tips for using organic cornmeal and a recipe - Blue Cornmeal Salsa Bread (it's crazy addictive)


Organic Blue Cornmeal Salsa Bread


Now it's your turn to share something!! 


12 comments:

  1. All linked up! Will be back to look around! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting as usual Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my olive oil post! This week I shared an easy pot roast recipe with a thick & delicious flour-free gravy (perfect for anyone on a grain-free diet, but so delicious, I recommend it for grain lovers, too.) Have a great week, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle! Thanks for hosting!
    This week I'm sharing my easy Basic Pie Crust.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting!! I have been MIA over here for awhile and that's mostly because I haven't written any recent posts that qualified for this link party!! I should work on that because it seems I've missed out on some great stuff!! That ice cream post? Yum!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting!
    I'm sharing my husband's favorite grain free cake birthday cake. I'm also sharing natural alternatives for pain medication.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you for hosting! happy Wednesday to you!

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, this batch of recipes looks good!
    This week I'm sharing DIY Quinoa Spinach Burgers. I love using whole ingredients, for a low cost.
    Thanks for hosting, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting - those Quinoa Spinach Burgers look good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I linked up a post that is a compilation of many posts - so there are some gluten free healthy recipes mixed in with some not so healthy ones - so I apologize for the unhealthy parts.
    Thanks!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting! I've shared a low carb protein stick recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, I didn't remember that I'd already entered yesterday. Sorry for the duplicate!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...